Field Recordings Archive Project

Monday, August 13, 2018

Die Geister With Six Organs Next Week!!!


20 years ago...  I was living with my girlfriend in a Northtown Arcata apartment.  Ben had just released his first material as Six Organs of Admittance and was beginning work on his second album when he moved into our spare room.  I would take great delight in listening to him rehearse and record from across the hall.  The sounds that crawled out from beneath that bedroom door were entirely new to me, foreign and unfamiliar.  I would attempt to emulate what I heard, and in turn, developed my own unique musical personality as a result.  After a few months Ben relocated from Humboldt to Santa Cruz, where his artistic career truly began to shine.

Observing Six Organs' early successes, from close and afar, provided me with the confidence to approach Music as a life-long journey, rather than a hobby...  To identify as a Musician, rather than a cashier, or barista, or florist.  There has been no greater influence upon Die Geister Beschwören (or Datura Blues for that matter,) than Six Organs of Admittance.  So it goes without saying that this upcoming opportunity to share a stage with a former mentor will be a very special and sincere experience!

~Oryan Peterson-Jones